Project Manager – Construction Strengthening of the Health System*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract of one year. There are good prospects for expansion. The place of work will be Zwedru, Liberia.
As Project Manager – Construction Health System Strengthening, you will be responsible for various infrastructure projects related to new construction or rehabilitation of existing health facilities, piloted from Welthungerhilfe’s country office in Liberia . Your role will be to successfully manage the project(s) involved, cooperating with implementing parties and always being proactive to mitigate the risks of non-delivery and ensuring that alternative strategies are available and utilized. to mitigate or manage the respective risks.
- Realization of the project according to the rules and standards of the co-funders (KfW) and Welthungerhilfe
- Development of key project documents e.g. operation plan, monitoring and evaluation plan, quarterly donor reports
- Ensure that all relevant project support is in place (follow-up, logistics, financial administration, etc.)
- Be responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and project budget
- Support the identification of co-funding opportunities to pursue and ensure the timely development of successful project proposals in accordance with relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Establish good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders
- Coordinate Welthungerhilfe staff as well as local partners and support them in the preparation of the report
- Represent the project in sectoral meetings and other forums
- Establish an information and communication policy on the project
- Preparation of project visits by the various stakeholders
- A relevant university degree, preferably with a focus on civil engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in project development and management of large and complex projects
- Proven experience in organizational leadership
- Experience working with major European donors would be an advantage
- Strong ability to oversee construction projects, working independently and effectively to plan/execute project deliverables while maintaining high standards of integrity at all times
- Ability to pay attention to detail, with the ability to differentiate and mitigate strategic risks
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Able to work under high pressure in difficult living and working conditions
- Be prepared to receive the necessary vaccinations to travel to Welthungerhilfe program countries
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field within an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and to the balance between work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-neutral salary grid. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers many other advantages, which are listed under “Our advantages”.
How to register
Please submit your application via our online recruitment system before June 19, 2022 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to countering terrorism in all of its activities. As a result, any candidate who is offered a job will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive and non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals from all sections of the community.